The BIT NYC doors are open. If you would like to donate your time and expertise, we would love to speak with you. BIT NYC would like help in the following areas:
- Liaise with vendors, presenters, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes.
- Maintain event budgets.
- Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the client’s standards.
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings.
- Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for posts.
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content.
- Advocating and educating others about interests, products, or services.
- Maximizing site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords.
- Inviting other bloggers, experts, or other notable guests to contribute content to the webpage.
- Monitoring responses to posts via the website, social media, or other platforms to better understand the audience.
- Staying current on industry trends for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content.
- Running social media advertising campaigns.
- Formulating high-quality novel written and visual content for each social media campaign.
- Building a social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence.
- Monitoring the company’s brand on social media.
- Building brand awareness by engaging relevant influencers.
- Managing our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement.
- Responding to comments on each of our accounts.
- Overseeing customer service provided via social media.
- Analyzing data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives.
- Identifying new members.
- Supporting New Member Outreach Manager efforts.
- Creating promotions with advertising managers and BIT National.
- Understanding and developing budgets, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Compiling lists describing our organization’s offerings.
- Developing and managing advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate with Events manager on major events.
- Building brand awareness and positioning.
- Evaluating and maintaining a marketing strategy.
- Directing, planning and coordinating marketing efforts.
- Communicating the marketing plan.
- Developing each marketing campaign from start to finish.
- Researching demand for the organization’s products and services.
- Evaluating competitors.
- Handling social media, public relation efforts, and content marketing.
- Plan, implement and manage public relations programs
- Plan and budget for PR events, programs and initiatives
- Help in designing and reviewing a variety of promotional and marketing materials
- Design and review the online content in media announcements and media kits
- Monitor corporate image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with BIT brand
- Check and manage content produced for website and social media channels
- Develop and implement PR policies and procedures
- Determine KPIs for PR department
- Measure and provide reports on each PR campaign
- Build long-term relationships with all relevant stakeholders, such as local government, media people, politicians, etc.
- Recruit, hire, onboard and train new members of the public relations team
- Produce content for various speeches, events, hearings, etc.
- Develop and implement crisis communications advice and media strategy, as needed
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current sponsors while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing proposals for sponsors.
- Welcoming new members to the BIT NYC group by email and/or phone
- Understanding membership benefits and responsibilities
- Identifying opportunities to engage new members
- Must be an enrolled college or university student in the New York City metro area
- Familiarizing yourself with the company’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Working closely with business development and marketing to conceptualize marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Educating potential members about BIT.
- Creating website and social media content in order to drive brand awareness and attract new members.
- Building rapport with members.
- Monitoring member feedback and escalating concerns.
- Tracking member preferences, metrics, and media campaigns.
- Brainstorming ideas and participating in training and workshops.
- Maintaining a positive image of BIT at all times.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with chapter leadership about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables (videos, eLearning, websites, marketing demos, etc.)
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project.
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation, etc. for graphic design.
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Research and analyze best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics.
- Assist in designing and creating storyboards.
- Participate in brainstorming session to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with BIT guidelines and design standards.
- Manipulating film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Trimming footage and putting together the rough project.
- Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensuring the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consulting with the production team throughout the project.
- Creating the final cut for distribution.